Widgets in macOS allow you to get information or act with certain applications at a glance. We detail here how to add widgets in the notification center of your Apple computer.
Apple brought iOS widgets into macOS which gives our Macs and MacBooks quick access to a lot of information, even interacting with macOS apps without having to launch them first. It is possible to add, modify the composition and display of the notification center. Very simple actions that we detail below.
How do I add widgets in the action center?
Widgets are typically associated with macOS applications. When you install one, if it has a widget, it will be available in your Mac’s Widget Catalog. Now let’s see how to customize the action center.
- Click on the date and time at the far right of the menu bar.
- The notification center then appears.
- Click on the button at the bottom of the notification center Edit widgets.
You can now perform several actions:
- On the left, you have the list of widgets that you can add to the action center. Hover your mouse over a tile, a button + appears. Click on it to add it to the action center.
- On the right side, you can remove a widget by clicking on the button – associated with each.
- Finally, you can very easily drag and drop each widget to change its position.
- To save your changes, don’t forget to click Ended.
When you install a new app, don’t forget to check if a widget is available. It could become part of your daily life and it would be a shame to miss it. All you have to do is configure practical shortcuts on your Mac and set the macOS wallpaper that suits you for optimal use.