Using signatures in emails makes them look more professional, even more so when you add your company logo. On Gmail, creating a signature is easily done from the web client or even the mobile application. We will see how to do this in this quick tutorial.
In the professional context, you must invariably end your emails with your signature. Except that writing your name, first name and position each time is boring and wastes precious time. Fortunately, you can do without this redundant exercise by creating a signature that will automatically be inserted at the end of all your emails. In this article, we’ll tell you how add signature in Gmail.
Gmail: how to add a signature to all your emails
You can create a signature on a Gmail account by contenting yourself with a simple text with your first and last name, or even your profession or the position you hold. But it is also possible to add a more advanced signature consisting of links and a logo.
Add a signature to Gmail from a web browser
If you are on a PC, log into your Gmail account from your favorite browser then follow these steps:
- Click on the cog in the upper right corner.
- Click on the button See all settings.
- Under the tab General, scroll down to the section Signature then click on To create.
- Give a name to your signature then write your signature in the reserved space. You can also add an image or a hyperlink by clicking on the corresponding buttons in the edit bar.
- In the section Signature defaults, determine if you want to add your signature automatically in new mails as well as in replies and forwards.
- Finally click on the button Save Changes by going all the way to the bottom of the page.
Create a Gmail signature on the mobile app
Since today we send emails as frequently on mobile as on PC, you might want to add a Gmail signature on the Android or iOS version of the courier service. If you have already configured it on your computer, you will have to repeat the maneuver on your smartphone. Second downside, signing on a smartphone is not as advanced as on a PC. You cannot format the text, let alone add an image.
To create a Gmail signature in the mobile app:
- Open Gmail on your smartphone and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- Press on Settings, at the very bottom of the column.
- Choose the Gmail account for which you want to add a signature if there are more than one configured on the smartphone.
- On the screen that appears, go to Mobile signature.
- Enter the signature text you want (last name and first name for example) then click on OK.
That’s it that’s all. Creating a signature in Gmail is very easy. On a different note, learn how to sign a digital document without printing it.