Do you absolutely want to keep a video seen on Facebook on your smartphone or computer? We will detail you step by step here how to download a video from Facebook only with your internet browser.
In the past, Facebook made it possible to save videos contained on the social network. This feature is no longer offered. There are many websites and just as many applications to record a video from Facebook on your computer or smartphone. We will introduce you to a method that does not require any special assistance.
Be careful though: the videos you download may be subject to copyright. So you can’t do what you want with it.
How to download a video from Facebook?
When you’ve identified a video you want to keep, open it in the Facebook app or on the website.
- Click on the icon displaying three horizontal dots.
- Then select Copy link.
- Paste the link into your web browser and press Hall.
- The copied web address is changed from fb.Watch/myvideo at www.facebook.com/watch/myvideo.
- Modify this URL by replacing the www by basicwhich gives an address mbasic.facebook.com/watch/myvideo.
- You then land on the most basic mobile version offered by Facebook. Click on the video you want to save.
- It opens in a new tab. Right click on it and select Save video as.
- On a smartphone, the procedure is the same, except that the right click is replaced by the icon Share. Then select Save.
- Choose the location where the file will be saved in mp4 format.
As you will have understood, this method works just as well on a computer as on a tablet or smartphone.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.