Want to extract text from an image? With the Google Photos app, you can perform this maneuver very easily. Here’s what to do.
Extracting text from an image can be very useful. Say you need to use quotes from a book. By taking the text from the image, you won’t have to copy everything. Enough to save you precious time by sparing you a tedious task to say the least. And this is just one example: there are many situations in which one feels the need to retrieve text from an image.
Thanks to optical image recognition (OCR), this can be done very easily. Some tools and websites embed this functionality. However, if you have an Android smartphone or an iPhone, the app Google Photos will get you up to speed in the blink of an eye. We explain how to do this in this tutorial.
Read also >> Google Photos: save storage space with this new tool
Extract text from an image with Google Photos: here’s how
Google Photos now includes the Google Lens application, an image recognition technology developed by the Mountain View giant. It is designed to generate relevant information about the objects it identifies using visual analysis based on a neural network. OCR is one of the features of Google Lens and thanks to it you can extract text by uploading an image to Google Photos. Just follow the following steps:
- Open the app Google Photos on your smartphone.
- Browse the Photos or Library tabs to find the image in which the text to extract appears.
- The “Copy text from image” option appears. Click on it.
- The application analyzes the image and extracts all the text it contains.
- Then select the part of the text that interests you and click on Copy text.
- The selected text has just been copied to the clipboard. You can now paste the text anywhere you want.
Now you know how to recover text from an image on Google Photos. But don’t go so fast! On this side, we tell you how to transfer iCloud photos and videos to Google Photos.