How do I take a screenshot of an entire web page? With this tutorial, you will finally know how to take a complete screenshot of a website, whether you are on macOS, Windows or Linux.
If you came across this tutorial, it’s probably because you know how hard it is to take a screenshot of a full-length web page. On Windows, macOS, and many Linux distributions (sometimes by installing a specific package), however, you can turn a web page into an image file or PDF file.
Even if the procedure is not done in a snap, here we will teach you how to do it. a screenshot of a full page on the Internet, whether using extensions or an online website. How? ‘Or’ What ? Follow the guide.
How to take a screenshot of an entire web page on Google Chrome and Firefox?
The best way to take a screenshot of an entire page is to use an extension. There are several and we will use here FireShot, a solution that has the advantage of being free, perfectly functional and multiplatform, as soon as you use Chromium Where Firefox. Start by adding the FireShot extension to Chrome or Firefox using one of the following links:
- In Chrome or Firefox, go to the page you want to capture.
- Click on the extension logo (looking like a blue and white “S”) at the top right.
- From here, several options are available to you. You can capture the entire web page, only a visible part or a selected area. The option that interests us here is Capture the whole page. Click on it.
Once you’ve selected it, don’t touch anything. The extension will take a screenshot of the entire page. Once it is done, it will open a page and allow you to select the output format.
- You can finally save your capture in PNG or PDF format. Select as desired As an image Where Save as PDF, to the right. You can also directly copy or print it.
All you have to do is select where you want to save your screenshot on your computer and you’re done.
How to take a screenshot of an entire web page on Mac with Safari?
The problem on Mac if you are not using Chrome or Firefox is that Safari does not support this extension. There is, however, a way to capture an entire web page in the blink of an eye. However, the latter will not be in image format, but in PDF format.
- On Safari, go to the page you want to capture.
- In the menu bar, click File.
- Click on Export to PDF …
- That’s it.
The system will ask you to save your screenshot. Select your favorite location then confirm. You will normally find your capture in the folder Downloads.
How do I take a screenshot of an entire web page using an online service?
The other possibility, which will allow you to carry out the operation on any computer, wherever you are, and always 100% free and multiplatform, is to go through an online service. We suggest you try web-capture.net here.
- Enter the URL you want to capture in the corresponding field (you can also choose the file format).
- Click on the button Convert page.
- Wait, your request is in a queue, usually you don’t have to wait more than a minute or two for your screenshot.
- Click on To download.
There you have it, you now know how to take a screenshot of an entire web page. We hope to have made your life easier with these few tips. If you have other even simpler ideas or to share the application you like in the matter, do not hesitate to share the information in the comments of this article.