They did it ! QuestCraftthe version Meta Quest of Minecraft: Java Edition, is now available, and above all, perfectly functional. The famous crafting game can therefore now be played on the Meta Quest 1&2 in standalone mode (no PC connection required), an unofficial port of course but which will undoubtedly delight the many fans of the game.
Installing the title on Quest is one of the sticking points, because we must not lie to each other, the procedure is long and quite complicated. Our colleague UploadVR has fortunately detailed it step by step (the video above can also help you if you are fluent in English):
1. Download the app-debug.apk and extracttoroot.zip files from the GitHub release page here.
2. Install the APK file via SideQuest
3. Extract the zip files and copy the entire net.kdt.pojavlaunch.debug folder to the same location (in the Android/data folder, where other apps are stored) to your Quest file system using the SideQuest file browser.
4. Go to the “unknown sources” app category on your quest and open PojavLauncher. The app will then ask you to sign in with your Mojang or Microsoft account.
5. Once logged in and the launcher open, go to Settings -> Video & Renderers and select the third option.
6. On the main launcher page, you can select a profile (a version of Minecraft to install). Select the correct profile, which should be last on the list.
7. Press Play. Minecraft will install and launch – depending on your headset model, it may take up to 1-3 minutes for the three loading spots to disappear and the game to start. Also, the game will crash when creating a new world – be patient, it should load in due time.