Sony finally lifts the veil on its famous competitor to Microsoft’s Game Pass. What’s new compared to PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now?
Rumors have been swirling for a few months now about a possible competitor to Microsoft’s Game Pass, but on PlayStation. If Sony had not announced anything in this direction officially so far, the firm has just done so, and gives us all the information on its revisited PlayStation Plus. Keep reading to find out more!
700 games available in the new PlayStation Plus
A true product of the merger between PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, this new service will however keep the name of the more popular of the two, namely PlayStation Plus, even if it will not have much to do with the latter overall. terms of benefits.
Sony’s ambition is more than clear: to establish itself on the video game subscription market as THE benchmark in terms of value for money. To do this, you have to know how to deal with its main competitor, namely the Game Pass and its 450 games available. The firm informs us that in its new service, more than 700 games will be playable, for download or streaming.
3 formulas on the program
If it is not expected before June, Sony still reveals the different subscriptions that will be practiced with this new PlayStation Plus. Players can already expect 3 different formulas, and here they are from the cheapest to the most expensive:
PLAYSTATION PLUS ESSENTIAL
- Provides benefits PlayStation Plus subscribers already have:
- Two downloadable games each month
- Exclusive discounts
- Cloud storage for game saves
- Access to online multiplayer
the price* PlayStation Plus Essential subscription remains the same as the current PlayStation Plus subscription price.
- Europe: €8.99 per month / €24.99 per quarter / €59.99 per year
PLAYSTATION PLUS EXTRA
- Provides all the benefits of the Essential tier
- Also features a catalog of around 400* of the best PS4 and PS5 games, including hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and our third-party partners. Extra tier games can be downloaded for offline access.
- Europe: €13.99 per month / €39.99 per quarter / €99.99 per year
PLAYSTATION PLUS PREMIUM
- Provides all the benefits of the Essential and Extra Tiers
- Offers approximately 340* additional games, including: PS3 games available via cloud streaming; a catalog of great classics, available for streaming or download among PlayStation, PS2 and PSP games.
- Cloud streaming access to Extra and Premium tier PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games in markets** currently offering PlayStation Now. Customers can stream to PS4 and PS5 consoles, as well as PC***.
- Limited-time trial versions will also be offered at this tier, allowing players to test before purchasing.
- Europe: €16.99 per month / €49.99 per quarter / €119.99 per year
***Article in progress. Feel free to refresh the page regularly for more information!***