Telegram kills two birds with one stone by announcing that it now has 700 million users and by launching its Premium subscription at €5.49/month. The messaging had already said that the launch was planned for June and it is now a reality.
What the Telegram Premium subscription offers
The Telegram Premium subscription therefore costs €5.49/month and includes the following features:
- Doubled limits: up to 1,000 channels, 20 folders, 10 pinned exchanges, 20 public t.me links, log in up to 4 accounts from any app, 400 saved GIFs and 10 stickers, longer bio on the profile (with possible links) and longer captions for photos and videos.
- Send files up to 4 GB (against 2 GB with the free offer).
- Download media and files faster, without any limits.
- Voice-to-text conversion, with the ability to read the transcription of any voice message received.
- No advertising on public channels.
- Additional animated reactions on messages.
- Exclusive enlarged stickers featuring additional effects, updated monthly.
- Advanced exchange management with tools to set a default folder and automatic archiving of new exchanges from people who are not in your contacts.
- A badge next to your name indicating that you are helping to support Telegram.
- Videos to animate his profile in the list of exchanges and at the top of exchanges to allow a better expression of his personality.
- Ability to choose a custom icon for the Telegram app.
The free offer still exists
It is worth noting that the Telegram Premium subscription at €5.49/month is optional. You can still enjoy the free version. In fact, you will get some features if you talk to someone who has the subscription. This person can, for example, send you a 4 GB file and you can retrieve it, even if you do not have the subscription. Ditto for the stickers and reactions that will appear in your conversation if the person opposite is subscribed.
Moreover, there are new features for all users (free and paid). Public groups now support join requests, a new animation is offered when sharing large files from other apps to Telegram, in addition to bot improvements, ProMotion support (display up to at 120 Hz on iPhone) and bug fixes.